Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Subway

First night in Zions. Camping at Lava Point. It was the best campground. Cary and Paula were there before us and they had a delicious meal waiting for us. Yum!
Cary didn't know I was taking this picture...caught cha'.

Stephen had a pretty bad burn from changing the oil in the Yukon and we needed to make sure that it was properly wrapped before the night days hike. Thanks Joseph for making sure that Stephen got all bandaged up!

Isn't it just magnificant? One of the many pictures that Stephen got while standing on a cliff. I thought I was going to have a heart attack the whole time.


Mapping out the trip.



The group all fresh and clean before the hike in. Don't we just look happy?

Half way down, taking a small breather and looking our best.

It doesn't look like it but this slope was steep and it played a number on your knees.

This picture says it all!


Again, taking a small breather with Michael and Jessie


Trying to warm up from being in the freezing water.


This was just a small waterfall that Stephen took a picture of while we were trying to warm up.


Just taking a small break. The walls went up forever. It was great!
Stephen is standing in one of the many pot holes.

These rocks were really slippery and we all had to take our time going down.


The end...it took all day and lots of coaching from my wonderful mother-in-law to keep going.

The Subway was so much fun and by far the most amazing thing I have ever done. I can't wait to do it again. I know that is crazy, but what can I say I'm a die hard Hylton now.














0 comments: