Sunday, July 13, 2008

Addition to the Family!




When we moved into the townhouse we were finally able to get a dog. Since, I work at the animal hospital I get to see little puppies all the time. I always call Stephen when I see a cute puppy and I want it. Finally, one day I saw Beretta, a white lab (it took us 2 hours to figure out the perfect name for her. I wanted Caroline, but Stephen thought it was too girly).


She was the cutest one in the whole litter. Beretta was the only one who had blue eyes. When we finally brought her home she did lose some of her blue eyes but now they are green. I see some of her litter mates at the hospital and they have black eyes and noses. Not as cute as Beretta I think.


I have to say that she has been a really great dog. Mellow and learns really quickly. We have already taught her how to sit, stay, come, wait and lay. I must say that it's pretty impressive for a puppy her age.


Stephen wants to take her hiking with him but she is not able to go until she is a little bit older. Her joints aren't yet developed and we have to train her on the longer hikes. Maybe next summer she will be able to go with him.




0 comments: